Complimentary Exclusive Program
4-Day Tour of Bucharest (Constanta), Kiev, Chernobyl & Odessa
August 1 – 4, 2021
Duration: 4 days / 3 nights | Activity Level: Moderate
Few events in life have such a profound effect that they become timeless, unforgettable memories. This eye-opening exploration of Chernobyl is one of those. Mere words alone are not enough to describe the influence of this tragedy nor the thoughts and feelings of those who visit this haunting reminder of what took place on April 26, 1986. Your once-in-a-lifetime experience also provides the opportunity of discovering the charming city of Kiev, the Ukraine’s capital city.
Land Program Includes:
- Flights from Bucharest (Constanta) > Kiev >Odessa
Charter Plane from Constanta to Kiev
- All Ground Transportation
- 5-Star Accommodation
(Fairmont Grand Hotel or similar)
- All Meals
- Guides and Escorts
- Basic Gratuities
Tour Highlights Include:
- Guided City Tour of Bucharest with Lunch
- Full Day Tour of Kiev
- Sophia Cathedral
- St. Andrew’s Church
- Kyiv-Pecherskaya Lavra Monastery
- Free Time for Shopping
- Visit City of Prypyat (Chernobyl Exclusion Zone)
- Panoramic Tour of abandoned buildings
- See almost buried village of Kopachi
- Prestigious Pripyat Café
- The Town Hall (Headquarters for Mitigation)
- Polissya Hotel
- Energetic Palace of Culture
- Ferris Wheel (Never opened amusement park)
- Prypyat Stadium
- Azure Swimming Pool
- Visit to Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant
- Flight from Kiev to Odessa.
- Panoramic City Tour of Odessa and lunch prior to re-joining the ship
DAY 1 (Aug 1, 2021) – Bucharest, Romania
Shortly after the ship arrives in Constanta you will make the scenic 3-hour drive to Bucharest.
On arrival, enjoy a guided tour of the city and lunch before transferring to the airport for your chartered afternoon flight to Kiev. After touching down at the Boryspil airport, you will be greeted and transferred to your hotel (Fairmont Grand Hotel or similar). Dinner is at a local restaurant.
- * Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
DAY 2 (Aug 2, 2021) – Kiev, Ukraine
After an early breakfast in the hotel, board your coach for the drive to Prypyat. Arriving at the Dytaytky Checkpoint, you will have your passport checked, be briefed on radiation safety, the rules of visitation, and receive your personal dosimeter. Once cleared, proceed within the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. There will be a second checkpoint at Prypyat. Within the city, you will have a panoramic tour of its abandoned buildings. For safety concerns, all visits are exterior within the city. Once populated with 50,000 residents, the town now sits in a silent testament to what was once everyday life here. Some of the sights you may see during your tour of the town is the almost buried village of Kopachi with its remaining kindergarten; a concrete reloading unit which was essential for the Sarcophagus erection in 1986; the hospital that received the badly injured firefighters and NPP workers; the river port and once prestigious Pripyat Café at the embankment; the Town Hall which served as the initial headquarters for mitigation; the Polissya Hotel which served as a staging area for the helicopters dropping lead bags over the Reactor 4 ruins,; the Energetic Palace of Culture; the Ferris Wheel at the never opened amusement park; Prypyat Stadium; and the Azure swimming pool which was still in operation after the accident.
Following your comprehensive panoramic tour, drive to the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) for an interior visit that includes the Administrative Building #1; the central block shield that controlled the third reactor control room; an integrated automatic system of control of the “Shelter” object which was the massive steel and concrete sarcophagus that covered Nuclear Reactor #4; and the reactor’s main circulation pump room. During this extraordinary visit, your guide will relate to you the story of the fire extinguishing efforts and evacuation of the residents on the night of the disaster. Before pausing for lunch in the Chernobyl NPP Canteen, you will see a fire station, the Sarcophagus, and the New Safe Confinement “Arch”.
In the afternoon, make the drive back to Kiev, passing back through the Dytaytky Checkpoint. On arrival, at the hotel, have some time to relax and reflect on the day before heading back out to a local restaurant for dinner.
- * Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
OPTIONAL: 2-Night Pre Cruise Hotel & Tour in Athens
July 26 – 28, 2021
Only $2,599 CAD per couple*
Welcome to Athens, the Cradle of Western Civilization and Home of the 1st Olympics in 1896!
OPTIONAL: 2-Night Post Cruise Hotel &Tour in Cappadocia
August 13 – 15, 2021
Only $3,899 CAD per couple*
Enjoy a full-day tour of Cappadocia’s unique landscapes and a thrilling ride of a Hot Air Balloon.
DAY 3 (Aug 3, 2021) – Chernobyl, Ukraine
After breakfast in the hotel, board your coach for a full-day tour of Kiev, Ukraine’s vibrant capital city. Some notable landmarks in the city include St. Sophia Cathedral that was built in the 11th century where an interior visit reveals amazing frescoes, mosaics and beautiful church paintings. Nearby is St. Andrews Church where there will be an exterior visit before having some free time to shop for souvenirs.
Following lunch at a local restaurant, drive to the Kyiv-Pecherskaya Lavra Monastery which was founded in 1051 by two monks to help promote the spread of Christianity. Built primarily in the Ukrainian Baroque style, it makes for a majestic silhouette of Kiev from the Dnipro River. During your visit, explore its churches, the golden treasury and a museum of micro miniatures.
Return to the hotel in the late afternoon and after some time to relax, head back out to a local restaurant for dinner.
- * Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
DAY 4 (Aug 4, 2021) – Odessa, Ukraine
After breakfast, check-out of the hotel and transfer to Boryspil airport for your flight to Odessa. Upon arrival, enjoy a panoramic tour of the city and a box lunch on the coach before arriving at the pier and re-joining the ship.
Odessa was founded by famous Russian Empress, Catherine the Great
- City that balances the quaint with the extraordinary, from catacombs to sunny beaches
- Greek, Tatars and Turks influences
- Visit popular sites such as Deribasovskaya Street and the Potemkin Stairs
- Breakfast | Boxed Lunch
- Guests must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
- All visitors to Chernobyl must carry their valid passport and abide by The Chernobyl Dress Code: Pants Only (no skirts, leggings, or shorts). Long sleeve shirt (no tank tops or short sleeve shirts). Closed-toed shoes (no sandals or flip-flops).
- It is prohibited to:
- carry any kind of weapons
- drink alcohol or take drugs
- eat or smoke in the open air
- touch any structures or vegetation
- sit or place photo or video equipment on the ground
- take any items outside the Exclusion Zone
- stay in the Exclusion Zone without the officer/agent who is responsible for your group.
The tour sequence may vary, and the sites visited altered without prior notice.